When everybody was chasing after Urban Decay Book of Shadow Vol. II, I was hooked with Deluxe Shadow Box instead. And I must say that I'm so glad that I have this palette in my hands. It has nine Urban Decay deluxe eyeshadows plus a travel size Urban Decay primer potion in simple round tube, so it's easier to reach all the product inside.
Firstly, talking about the packaging. It's Urban Decay, they're like the expert of funky packaging. Deluxe Shadow Box comes in a purple velvety box with shiny silver beads in the middle (well, not actually beads, but what would you call that?). And when the light hit, I feel like I'm looking at a disco ball. So funky! The size of the box is not so big, it's pretty much the size of your palm. Very handy, you can carry it everywhere.
Talking about the eyeshadows, there are nine eyeshadows in this palette and they are:
- Fishnet (iridescent purple)
- Honey (glistening gold)
- Ransom (vibrant iridescent purple)
- Graffiti (bright green)
- Zero (smoking black)
- Peace (shimmering turquoise)
- Shag (tan shimmer)
- Scratch (shimmering silver pink)
- Underground (taupe brown shimmer)
I found one downside from this palette, though. No color is light enough in this palette that I can use to highlight my brow bone. Shag and Scratch are pretty for the inner corner but not light enough for highlight. So I have to grab another eyeshadow for that. But other than that, I have no complaint. So, go grab this palette. You won't regret it.
Here are the swatches:
Products used for the eyes:
- Urban Decay Deluxe eyeshadow in 'Ransom' (for all over the lid)
- Urban Decay Deluxe eyeshadow in 'Fishnet' (for the crease)
- Urban Decay Deluxe eyeshadow in 'Zero' (for lower part of the lid)
- Stila Kajal Liner in 'Onyx' (as base for Zero)
- Urban Decay Deluxe eyeshadow in 'Shag' (for the inner corner)
- Revlon Marble-ous Duo Eyeshadow in 'Set The Nude' (for browbone)
- MAC eyeshadow in 'Brule' (for browbone)
- MUFE Aqua Eyes in '23L' (for inner rim)
- Kate Liquid Eyeliner in 'BK-3'
- Maybelline Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara
Products used on face:
- Sana Pore Putty Original Make Up Base
- MUFE HD Foundation in 'Almond'
- Revlon Colorstay concealer in Medium
- PAC Shimmering Powder in 'Golden'
- MAC Powder Blush in 'Margin'
- NYX Lipgloss Megashine in 'French Kiss'