Friday, June 22, 2012

[Review] theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer AKA "The Lumanizer"


Hi guys!

I think it's about time for me to introduce you to my current favorite highlighter (I wanted to say 'ever' but I'm not ready to settle just yet :P). So yeah, I didn't come up with many FOTD entries lately so you probably never noticed this highlighter in my blog. But I really am in love with theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer. Umm.. before you say anything about the name, let me just say that I've never been a fan of theBalm punny names myself, but it comes in a package. So I'll just take it as it is.

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer is a compact highlighter. I'm not good at describing color but I'll take it as champagne color with warm undertone. The texture, OH THE TEXTURE!! Seriously it's finely milled, so soft and when I touch it, it feels moist on my fingers. The application is super easy with no crumbly mess. A little bit goes a really long way and with the amount of the product, I don't even know when will I ever finished this. Not that I ever finished up a makeup product before, but just bear with me.



The result is nothing but satisfactory. It blends very well on my skin and really compliments my skintone. Nothing frosty, as it subtly  reflects on my complexion the way sunlight reflects on water (the fact that I just described it like that is a sign that I've been reading too many Cassandra Clare's), if you know what I mean. One thing I have to point out about this highlighter that it is very pigmented. You might not notice it unless you're under certain lighting. But the best advice I could give you would be, "Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there." So, stop piling up! Otherwise you'd leave the house looking like Photoshop filter gone wrong. Take time to check on your complexion under appropriate lighting. Or if you're too lazy, just don't apply the highlighter more than two layers.

Below is my FOTD wearing  Mary-Lou Manizer under bright sunlight. As I said, the highlight is very noticeable. I personally love the result. I've been using my Real Techniques Contour Brush fro their Core Collection and it does the job very well.


theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer retails for $24.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hasilnya bagus celle.. SUKA PACKAGINGNYA! Vintage!! ^^

M said...

@carryn: hihi.. tengkyu carryn. iya, packagingnya theBalm emang khas kaya gitu.

Unknown said...

yay it works now :D

well its nice review and i heard people talking alot about this highlighter, i sort of want to try this but i always doubt if i would really needing this stuff

M said...

@Yoanitta: thank you for telling me about the comment stuff! haha.. glad it works now.
I always love wearing highlighter myself. So when everyone talked about this, I thought I need to get one too :D
and apparently it's so easy to fall in love with it.

PrettiestLady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
blogatka said...

Lovely eye shadows

Turis Cantik said...

Nice review ;)

Mysugarcoffee said...

aaah! kepengen banget coba ini! looks nice on you! if only the balm is more reachable in the country I live now! x

Aya Honaleva said...

the packaging is just too cute!

http://honaluminouseva.blogspot.com/