Sunday, April 18, 2010

[Review] My HG Foundation Brush

Happy Sunday, everyone! How’s your Sunday doing? It’s a lazy Sunday for me. I have to wake up early for six days a week, Sunday is my only sweet escape. Nothing beats snuggling up under my bed cover and sleep until noon. Anyhow, I didn’t sleep till noon. I slept at eleven last night and woke up at nine this morning. Now that’s one long beauty sleep.

Okay, sorry for rambling on and on. Let’s just continue to my review.

Have you found your foundation brush yet? I mean like, your HG one? I tried a stippling brush before. And I’m not a fan. It was okay, but not great. I think the pixelated bristles that suppose to give that ‘airbrushed’ look make foundation application feels never ending. When I do my make up using the stippling brush, I’m always the last one who gets out of the house along with mom’s voice yelling at me to hurry up! Plus, I don’t see any airbrushed look whatsoever.

As for paddle brush, still not a fan. Back when I had only stippling brush and paddle brush, I always reached for paddle brush. It’s denser than stippling brush so at least I could apply my foundation faster. But it makes my foundation kinda streaky. So I have to, either make short strokes or, go back to back to the part I’ve applied my foundation on, and fix it.

The first time I laid my eyes on Stila Double Duty Cheek and Contour Brush, in my heart I KNEW that this will be a great match for my foundation. It was like…. Magic (yes, I’m quoting Sleepless in Seattle, in case you’re wondering. I’ve watched the movie for like a gazillion times). I mean, look at the dense bristles, I bet that’ll help spread my foundation in no time.




You’re probably wondering about the name. But you know what Shakespeare said, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose; By any other name would smell as sweet." According to Sephora, “A corner edge applies color precisely beneath the cheekbone for a contoured cheek look. The flat circular top of the brush puts cheek color down on top of the cheekbone in one sweep.”

After contemplating for some times, I finally decided to purchase this brush at Sephora Hong Kong. And no regret! As I thought, I love how dense the bristles are. The brush helps transfer my foundation on my face with just the tiniest amount of it. When I use this brush, I love to pat the foundation in a quick motion, instead of swirling it, to give me that full coverage. The bristles of the brush are at the perfect length. They don’t bent on your skin and gives you more control. The bristles do shed a little the first time I washed it (I always wash brushes I just bought, before I use it). But that’s it.

Other than liquid and powder foundation, this brush also great for applying loose or compact powder (although I rarely use powder these days) and I use this for my mineral make up. This brush is multitasking when it comes to complexion!

As for what this brush is intended to, blush brush and contouring, I find the top of the brush is way too big for my cheeks. It smeared color all over the places I need no blush on. And do you know how hard it is to contour using the edge of a flat top brush? That being said, I’m gonna skip this brush when it comes to applying blushes and contouring.

The only downside of this brush, I think, that this is so overpriced. This brush sells for US$45. I bought it for HK$420 (times Rp1200), considering that this is a China made brush. I really have to save up to buy this.

But still, I’m glad I have this brush. It’s my one and only foundation brush now.


2 comments:

Lena said...

gue recommend loe coba ecotools bronzing brush. it's now my hg foundie brush. gueded, soft and dense enough. 15 menit juga beres tuh urusan blendy2...

Anonymous said...

is it good on mineral foundation as well as in liquid foundation??i hope it doesn't shedd to much..