Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Experience: Eyelash Perm

Out of curiosity, I decided to try Eyelash Perm, which is a process to permanently curl eyelashes.

First of all, let me explain to you my obsession towards eyelashes. To me, curling lashes and applying mascara are like two sides of a coin. If I didn't get to do one of those, might as well not do it at all. Unfortunately, more often than not, my only option is to left my lashes bare because I don't have enough time to curl my lashes. And that's pretty much what leads me to try eyelash perm. I did the process at Dandis Beauty Care at Taman Anggrek.


Basically the process is similar to hair perm, only in shorter time. The whole process takes about 45 minutes while I was lying down. First, to keep my lashes curled, the lady who did my lashes (I don't know what to call her. Anyone enlighten me, please?) roll my lashes and stick it to a white sticky rod. Like this picture below.

Excuse the weird eye. I wasn't allowed to open my eyes so I had to peek through to take this picture.

After that, she put the perming solution on my lashes using cotton pad and then I wait for fifteen minutes with cotton pad covering my eyes. The next step is to put neutral, again, all over my lashes. For the second step, I waited for ten minutes. I basically was just taking nap there.

By the way, while looking at my lashes, the lady told me that I have some broken eyelashes. She assumed it's from curling my lashes too harsh (Bingo!). Ugh! I didn't realized that. I'm a bit of a freak when curling my lashes, they have to be perfectly curled. I sometimes accidentally pull one or two strands of my lashes but I thought that was it and the rest was fine, apparently they're not. Gaahh!

Well, back to eyelash perm. After about 45 minutes, I was done. My lashes felt sticky after the process because of the rod. That explains why the lashes on my picture above looks messy. Different than hair perm, you're allowed to wet your hair immediately after the process.

The lady told me to put on mascara, which I carried with me, immediately after the whole process. She also told me to put eyelashes serum. She offered one from Dandis but it was too expensive. So on my way home I dropped by at L'oreal counter and purchased L'oreal Renewal Serum at IDR 149k. The sales lady also offered me their Double Extension Renewal Serum Inside mascara as an addition for the eyelash care but I didn't think I need anymore mascara at the moment so I skipped. I expect this serum will fix my breakage problem. The lady who did my perm told me if I took care my lashes intensively, I'd get to fix my problem. So I have my fingers crossed with this serum.



Here's the result, a day after the process.

This is my first time doing eyelash perm so I don't have any comparison. But I'm kinda disappointed with the result as it's not as curly as I expected. The process just gives me a little lift at the tip of my lashes but not really curled all the way to the root. Which is weird, because judging from the picture, looks like my lashes was already curled from the roots. Anyway, I'll still give it another chance though. I was advised to stay away from eyelash curler for a while until the curl went away. The perm will last for approximately one or two months and I'll probably come back at the third month. We'll see.

If you're interested in doing eyelash perm, the service is available at Dandis for IDR 200k.

3 comments:

Fifi said...

Very informative post! I think the curl looks good and it must be nice not having to curl your lashes anymore before applying your mascara. Hehe.

Have you tried eyelash extensions? I would love to get them done but I'm afraid they will ruin my natural lashes. From what I've seen they do look hot as they enhance the volume of the lashes significantly.

M said...

Thanks Fi. It does look good with mascara on though it's doesn't completely meet my expectation. Guess I'll just have to settle with it for the next couple weeks.

Anyway, eyelash extension doesn't really appeal to me.

Temenku ada yang extension. Tapi agak2 ribet gitu, karena lama2 extensionnya memang bakal rontok. Dan kalo kita sering kucek2 mata, extensionnya bakalan lebih cepet rontok. Kayanya perawatannya agak2 high maintenance ya, mesti hati2 banget >__<
I don't think I have patience to deal with that. If I did it, I'm pretty sure I'll ruin it.. :D

13vyl looxperiments said...

thanks for sharing, marcelle! duh, i might have broken lashes as well without realizing it.

gotta love the time saving factor from having curled lashes though :D
hope to hear further feedback after the 3rd week or so! :)