Sunday, January 29, 2012

Make Up Forever Spring 2012 La Boheme Collection and a Fun Makeover


In case you haven't heard, Make Up Forever has launched their Spring 2012 Collection called La Boheme. According to the website, La Boheme collection is inspired by bohemian spirit with carefree attitude. They play a lot with floral motifs, ethnic and gypsy influences, handmade embroidery, patchwork and prints.

This collection consists of
  • La Boheme eyeshadow palette

  • Aqua Eyes in 'Gypsy' (matte black brown)

  • Rouge Artist Natural in 'Folk' (red coral) and 'Boheme' (peach beige)


I was invited to the pre-launch of the collection but I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend the event. Therefore, I could not report it on my blog. I decided to visit the counter myself to check on the collection. As you can see this collection captures the Bohemian style mostly in the packaging. The Aqua Eyes and Rouge Artist have flowers prints on the packaging. While the eyeshadow palette is decorated with patchwork design.

When I arrived at Make Up Forever counter in Pondok Indah Mall, apparently they are currently in the spirit of introducing the new collection. I saw many ladies are sitting in front of the mirror, having a makeover. Of course I didn't want to miss it! The sales lady who helped me that day was Dian. She was so so so nice. I went to the counter wearing only foundation and mascara and I left the counter with full makeup on, including the latest La Boheme collection.

Products used.
Face
Channel Mat Lumiere Foundation
MUFE Velvet Finish Compact Powder. Not sure which shade
MUFE HD Concealer to conceal those nasty acne scars.
MUFE Sculpting Blush no.4
MUFE Sculpting Kit no.2

Eyes
MUFE Eye Prime
MUFE La Boheme Palette
  • Lagoon Green
  • Vegetal Green
  • Brown
  • Beige
MUFE Kohl Pencil. Don't know the number but I'm sure it was black with gold shimmer. The pencil used as a base for Brown eyeshadow.
MUFE Aqua Eyes Gypsy
MUFE Smoky Lash Mascara
MUFE Eyebrow Pencil in Blond. And then she layered it with the contour part of Sculpting Kit no.2

Lips
MUFE Lip Line Perfector
MUFE Rouge Artist in 'Folk'
MUFE Lab Shine in 6S



All MUFE products were applied during makeover. I just couldn't believe how generous Dian was. Especially because she didn't even know that I was going to purchase the palette. But she patiently did her job as a sales assistant, explained all the product and answered all of my questions. She definitely deserves a shout out! I wanted to try the blue and green ones but as you can probably see the color didn't really show up on my eyes. Before makeover, Dian asked me what color that I want to try. I told her I want the blue one but kind of afraid that the color will look too bright on me. Looked like that kinda made her hesitate to put colors on my eyes. LOL! She just patted the blue color very lightly on my lid so the color appeared super sheer. But then I told her to make it smokey that's when she put the black kohl pencil and Brown eyeshadow on top of it. In the end, I decided to purchase the palette.

I was thinking about writing the review of La Boheme palette at once in this entry. I tried but the entry got too long. So don't forget to check out the review of the palette in next blog post! ;)

0 comments: